The LaunchLab together with partners, Nedbank, Santam, East London IDZ Science & Technology Park, Mercedes-Benz SA and WineTech has recently launched the second season of its 2018 LaunchLab Ideas Programme. The aim of this programme lay in accelerating entrepreneurs and startup founders to begin to build from their vision, turning it into a reality to prosper in Africa.
LaunchLab’s mission is to facilitate valuable connections for startups and corporates, as well as other relevant business partners to help those startups excel. The LaunchLab is looking for startups looking to validate their concepts or improve their technology offering to their market in the following business industries:
● Artificial Intelligence (AI)
● Advanced Manufacturing
● Agritech and Food Innovations
● Internet of Things (IoT)
● Social Enterprises
These are the highlights of the impact of our programme in South Africa during 2017:
● 24 selected [RNR(1] for our incubation programme
● 8 commercial agreements with LaunchLab clients
● 4 invested indirectly by LaunchLab clients
● R1.18 million in total prize money paid across all programmes
How to enter:
Submit a 3-minute video (cell phone footage can be submitted too) of yourself explaining your business idea with your entry form which can be found on the LaunchLab website: http://www.launchlab.co.za/ideas2018
Benefits for the startup:
• Market access and potential funding from our partners
• Experienced coaching from LaunchLab team
• Build programme: Value Proposition, Business Model and Strategy Design
• Countdown: Due diligence building with expert service providers
• Lift-Off: After all of this, mentorship from our strong network of mentors and angel investors
Please follow the #LLIdeas2018 on LaunchLab Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts.
The deadline for online submission entries is 28 September 2018. The top ten finalists will be notified by the end of October.
For more information, download the Launchlab infro session presentation here