The British Ecological Society, through the Ecologists in Africa grant are looking for African scientists to conduct innovative ecological research in Africa. They provide a grant of up to £8,000.
This grant provides support for ecologists in Africa to carry out innovative ecological research. We recognise that ecologists in Africa face unique challenges in carrying out research; our grant is designed support you to develop your skills, experience and knowledge base as well as making connections with ecologists in the developed world. We support excellent ecological science in Africa by funding services and equipment.
Eligibility and Conditions
- be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorisation
- have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
- The round is now OPEN with a deadline of 14:00 (BST), Monday 10 September.
- Please note awards will be made in November, the project start date should therefore be after 11 November 2018.
- Applicants are only able to submit one grant application per round, across all grant schemes.
To apply, Register online
For more information, see here